Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Teeth Make a Bad Filter for Lies

Originally posted Friday, March 19, 2010,
before the vote that will live in infamy
.
When I was a little kid, my mom sometimes served Jell-O at the end of a meal. I'm not talking about some fancy congealed salad with floating fruit; I mean just plain Jell-O, stirred in a bowl, put in the fridge, and served from the same bowl like ice-cream.

It was fun food for many reasons, but perhaps the most disgusting thing I used to do with Jell-O was this: I'd fill my mouth with it, close my lips, and begin sucking it through my teeth, gradually breaking the wiggly substance down until it was a liquid. Then I'd swish the lumpy Kool-Aid around like mouthwash until there was nothing left to do with it but swallow. It tasted good. It was still Jell-O, just liquefied by passing through my teeth. If I had spit it out in a juice glass, however, no on in their right mind would drink the Kool-Aid—not even me!

Sometimes politicians do this same thing with unbelievable LIES. They know the truth is going to be hard to swallow so they all collectively decide to LIE THROUGH THEIR TEETH, hoping the LIE will become something they can pass off as Kool-Aid to the gullible people who think big government is the answer to our problems. Don't drink the Kool-Aid, America!

No matter how many times someone lies through their teeth, the lie is still a lie; teeth make a very bad filter.

Is there any thinking American who can read the following quotation (in the context of everything we know about the past seventy years of Democrat tax-and-spend-entitlement programs) and not have that alarm go off in their mind, that alarm that lets us know when we are hearing a lie?

"Pelosi said a House vote may come as early as March 21 on legislation that President Barack Obama and Democrats say will cover 32 million uninsured Americans, curb medical costs and reduce the federal budget deficit." [Full article here.]

Obama campaigned on "Change We Can Believe In," but I refuse to believe a bold-faced lie no matter how many Democrat teeth attempt to filter it! They have been swishing the same lies through their chops for a year. It's now like luke-warm liquefied Jell-O, but when they spit it out into the congressional juice glasses this Sunday and tell the "no votes" to drink the Kool-Aid, I hope the needed majority picks up the glass, looks at the bits of gross stuff floating in it from all the people who were bought off, and has the guts to slosh it back in their faces.
7169

No comments:

website tracking statistics
Flat-Panel Television