Thursday, November 20, 2008

Franken Awaits His Daily Day of Affirmation

(Updates added at bottom.)

The thought that a foul mouthed former SNL star who has tried and failed to be a liberal Rush Limbaugh now wants to jump into a U.S. Senate seat was troubling enough before November 4th, but the fact that he will stop and nothing and stoop to anything to win the recount should keep that frozen state thawed through December.

Here is one of the ballots that Franken thinks should not count for Coleman.

Something tells me it would have counted for Al Gore in 2000. Franken desperately needs to take about 200 votes from Coleman in hopes to unseat the Minnesota Republican. He is so optimistic that statistical improbabilities will continue to fall miraculously his way that he has gone to D.C. to "measure for drapes."

UPDATE November 24th: Nearly 3 million recounted votes later, and there is still no net gain for Franken, but with 25% of the votes yet to be recounted, and 3,000 disputed ballots added to the one above, many games can still be played in this suspicious process. Here's one interesting fact buried in this story: since Obama carried the state by nearly 20%, one in five voters either didn't vote for a senator or actually split their ticket to vote AGAINST Franken. He may be "smart enough," but evidently, "Dog-gone-it! People don't like [him]." This fact has not hampered his willingness to do whatever it takes to pull a skinned cat from a rabbit's hat.


UPDATE December 2nd: “The Franken campaign has made it clear that the recounted votes and will of Minnesotans matter little to them, and that they intend to take their campaign to change the outcome of this election on to the United States Senate,” said Coleman campaign spokesman Mark Drake. “Al Franken should personally reject this strategy outright, and honor the right of Minnesotans to choose who their senator should be — and not allow lawsuits and the strong-arm tactics of the majority leader of the United States Senate to intervene in this process."
According to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune's recount tally, Coleman leads Franken by 282 votes with 86 percent of the recount complete. In total, 5,623 ballots have been challenged, with the Franken campaign having challenged 67 more votes than Coleman's campaign. The Franken campaign said it would announce withdrawn challenges later this week
Update December 23, 2008: Franken now leads with only thousands if bakkits to change outcome.

6 comments:

Nancy said...

This is so sad... I really disapprove of the "potty" mouth and the anger he demonstrates. It looks like we may in the minority for a few years. It will be interesting to watch but scary not knowing the outcome. My prayers continue.

An apology was in the news, yesterday, from your part of SC. Did the news make it your way or was it just local? I could send you a link but I lost your email address when I had my crash last month. Let me know.

patronus incognitus said...

I'll be shocked if Coleman can hold on.
My internet has been down for two days. =(
I heard about what you're talking about from a friend with similar concerns and the same eagerness for such a overdue public statement, but I haven't seen it. I'll google it. Thanks for letting me know. I hope my home internet is up soon.

Anonymous said...

this is a test.....as I just chose an "identity" for blogger and this is one of my very first posts!

I agree with the comments here. I can't believe the people of Minnesota choosing people of this caliber (ie. a former wrestler for governor)-aarrrggghhhh!!! Not cool!

AsIponder said...

Will try this again...sorry PI...I'm new to the "identity" thing!

patronus incognitus said...

Aslponder,
I think I know who are if your from Wisconsin. Take your time. Deep breaths. You'll get it. Just kidding. I tried to see the profile but couldn't get past the next page. Welcome to PI.

I haven't heard anything about the Coleman/Franken race for a few days.

The topic we last talked about may come some time in the future. I've been reading a book called Epicenter. Interesting. You may want to read a comment to LGS about Masada (cistern) at the other blog. I'm in wait and see mode during this lame duck holiday month.

All,
Have a great Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Busted!!!! LoL!!!! Deep breaths and advice taken! I hoped the profile would be private...too many lurkers and it makes me nervous! :-)

website tracking statistics
Flat-Panel Television