Sunday, December 14, 2008

I Don't Care What They Say... I Like This Man.

President Bush... I like the sound of that and I'm going to say it again...PRESIDENT GEORGE BUSH... was conducting a press conference in Bagdad when a young journalist took off his shoes and threw them at our President. He threw them fast and hard at close range, but the agile 62-year-old calmly ducked both near misses, and went on as if nothing happened. Now that's being calm under fire.

The level of disrespect that has been paid to our President in the past couple years here at home has led to brazen behaviour abroad. But here's the ironic thing. This barefoot jerk owes his freedom to throw shoes at a press conference (and live to tell about it) to the very man he threw his shoes at. Had he done that six years ago in Saddam Hussein's Bagdad he'd be taken outside and shot. I wonder when that will occur to him.

I've said it before: I believe history will remember this President far more kindly than his current detractors can imagine. I plan to write an open "Thank You" letter to him here before January 20th.


Here's President Bush (43) speaking at Texas A & M Part One; Part Two; Part Three is especialy good after minute five (seen below).

Those little shrugs at the end with that smile (some call a smirk) is trademark "W" and perhaps the most misunderstood body language of our President. Having had the experience of trying to get through a very emotional public statement without crying, I can relate to that moment. The subtle body language is not cocky at all. He's merely saying, "I made it. The President of the United States just about started crying--I mean really sobbing--but I made it. Nothing gets me choked up more than talking about the father I love who's now in his eighties, but I made it. Whew! That was a close one."
.

2 comments:

Mrs. Geezerette said...

I like President Bush too.

Merry Christmas!

Cris said...

I like President Bush too.

website tracking statistics
Flat-Panel Television