Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Looks Like Franken is Almost Secure

But Funny Business Abounds

Back in November, I posted about the close recount in MN between Al Franken and Norm Coleman. At the moment, Franken has taken the lead by 47 votes with over 2,000 unopened absentee ballots hanging in the balance. We won't know until next year, but my guess is he will win and we will have one more foul-mouthed, anger-driven, liberal Democrat in Washington. "I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And dog-gone-it, 50% of the people like me."

1-5-09 Funny business update.

2-4-09 Update: I'm not saying there's a fat lady in Minnesota--I'm just saying she ain't singin' yet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm finding it curious that noone seems to be commenting on your posts here as on your "other" one!! What could the difference be...that P.I. hasn't been discovered??? Just wondering!!!

My "take" on your posts is "Preach it brother!" Not in shoving it down one's throat but to speak truth!

Happy New Year!!!!!

patronus incognitus said...

Thanks,
I have noticed what you mention, but it has not stuck me as strange. Here are 3 possible reasons:
(1) I think people were "burned out" on politics by November 4th, and I think they (like me) have gone into "wait and see" mode until after January 20.
(2) Fewer people read here. There is a little counter at the very bottom of the PI page. According to that counter, this site gets only about 1/4 the number of "hits" each day. Less people have bookmarked it, etc.
And (3) As the "incognitus" part of the title suggest... Many people (like me) are more cautious about "open dissent" in these unknown times. They may not agree with the posts, but if they do, they may be less inclined to be identified with a comment. That's very understandable.

I'm still glad I have this place to express opinions, and I'll "preach it" as you say. I'm confident that there will be occasion to resume a certain topic of interest to you when time allows and events prompt.

website tracking statistics
Flat-Panel Television