Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Let's Call the Whole Thing Off

.


"You say potato, and I say patoto. You say tomato, and I say tomoto..." Don't you just love that old Gershwin song? I typically don't tamper with classics, but it may be time to add another line to those lyrics. We all know that POTUS stands for President of the United States, but what does TOTUS stand for. It's obvious. In fact it's right there in our face every time we see Obama speak.

So I suggest we add "You say POTUS and we say TOTUS" to that old song.

(We may also want to delete the part about calling off the calling off.)

We all know that MSNBC has been in the tank for Obama ever since Chris Matthews first got a "tingle up his leg" while listening to his candidate read a teleprompter. So you know Obama is in for some tough sledding when even his favorite "news" network does a casual hit piece on him and his ubiquitous teleprompter.

I must admit, I had heard of TOTUS but not until this post have I visited the website.


4920

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now THAT is funny!!! Obama is such a sham of a president!!! I know that it's God who places rulers in their high places and all that. BUT I still shake my head on how it happened and how people seem to be SOOOO blind and deaf. If this all had happened 50 years ago (and it wouldn't have) people would be outraged with the man respresenting our country! What can we do other than pray....or wringing our hands and commenting our outrage on blogs??
WSL

patronus incognitus said...

WSL,
I've been away from the computer for a while working on a big project.

In this current state of affairs, people have become needy for "ear tickling" and so it makes perfect sense that a teleprompter has become such a crutch for this young inexperienced leader whose greatest undisputed gift since he first hit the scene has been "ear tickling."

But beyond that... the truth and consequences of his ideas seem not only geared toward "equalizing" Americans (take from the haves and give to the have-nots, which is not the same as Biblical charity) but he also wants to equalize America on the global stage. It's as if to be "president of the world" he puts greater stock in appeasing the enemies of this country than in making America the best it can be.

It is as you said, however, nothing to wring our hands about. God is in control.

Mrs. Geezerette said...

I WISH we could call the whole thing off.

It just seems as if Obama is trying to dismantle our entire system. I do not understand where he is getting his power as president to do what he is doing. And why all these czars? I do not understand why somebody isn't trying to stop him using the courts to do it.

website tracking statistics
Flat-Panel Television