Saturday, November 21, 2009

Reality vs. Photo Ops...

.
Wow! I wish I had more to add to this first video clip but it is simply the best explanation I've heard for why Obama has made a terrible decision to try KSM in a federal court.



Among other things, SEN. LINDSEY GRAHAM says: "If you're gonna prosecute anybody in civilian court, our law is clear that the moment custodial interrogation occurs, the defendant, the criminal defendant, is entitled to a lawyer and to be informed of their right to remain silent. The big problem I have is you're criminalizing the war, that if we caught bin Laden tomorrow, we have mixed theories and couldn't turn him over to the CIA, the FBI, military intelligence for an interrogation on the battlefield, because now you're saying he's subject to criminal court in the United States and you're confusing the people fighting this war."

Another reason this is a pathetic decision on Obama's part is that we will now give these terrorists a televised platform from which to spew their hatred.

***************

On nearly the same day that the above clip was filmed, Obama was in Joe Cool mode with the fighting men and women. I'm not going to pretend he didn't pull off this line and get a respectable laugh. I'm not going to imply that the soldiers didn't feel flattered that he called them a photo op... I'm just saying that if a Republican leader were that glib about those we put in harms way while dithering about their mission, he or she would be excoriated. On a more serious note, I think this tone is foreshadowing of the fact that he is about to end his dithering about future deployments in the least combative way possible, and he will probably time his announcement to capitalize on the Holiday Season. That, too, will be well recieved at first....but then we will remember that this person is still in candidate mode...still candidating for something beyond what he has already gained...this person is the same candidate who would not wear an American flag lapel pin for years until a veteran at another photo op asked him to do so while the cameras rolled.




[In the above montage of photo ops is the one he authorized in NYC near the anniversary and site of 9-11 in which the public thought we were under attack, but hey, he got a nice photo of AF1 in front of the Statue of Liberty, and that's what counts.]




64000

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish we were communicating via e-mail rather than your blog. I'd have copied/pasted and sent you what I'm about to share here. Earlier this week..an announcement was made that a "President of the United States of Europe" was named...his name 'escapes' me but part of it was Herman Van-Something and he "might" have been from Belgium but I wouldn't swear to it. Can't even remember the link that I saw it in...NewsMax maybe? No..it might have been Joel Rosenberg's site. BUT we're sliding very, very quickly into an era that we probably won't like being in.
WSL

patronus incognitus said...

WSL,
Sorry I missed this.
Thanksgiving was a busy but very pleasant week. I'll have to check it out. As Alice said in her venture into wonder land. "Things get curiouser and curiouser." And I do think you are right.

website tracking statistics
Flat-Panel Television