Thursday, September 24, 2009

There's Somethin' Happenin' Here...
Feeling Insecure in the Homeland

Click on this link to see a website about an event that caught my attention today.

Turn your volume up and imagine this happening here at our U.S. Capitol. At the bottom of that web page the Muslim hosts proclaim:

"OUR TIME HAS COME."

Above that it says that the goal of these 50,000+ Muslim worshipers who will gather on the mall, bow toward Mecca, and use loud speakers to chant the Athan ... "echoing off of the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Monument and other great edifices that surround Capitol Hill" will be to "...manifest Islam's majestic spiritual principals [sic] as revealed by Allah to our beloved prophet Muhammad (PEACE BE UPON HIM) of Arabia....The peace, beauty and solidarity of Islam will shine through America's capitol."

Is this real? If it is, did you know it was happening Friday? I didn't. I'll confess that it makes me feel pretty insecure about the homeland. It makes me think of a post I wrote last November that hinted that a great nation was about to be changed forever as people mumble "nothing like us ever was." But it's the verb WAS that bothers me the most. It's past tense... I have that feeling again.

I am not saying all Muslims are a threat to our homeland. I'm not saying they're all like Najibullah Zazi, arrested just today as part of a sleeper cell plotting to bomb our homeland. I'm not saying they're all like Iranian President Mahmud Ahmadinejad who calls the Holocaust a myth and only yesterday tried to evangelize his fleeting audience here in our homeland. I'm not saying all Muslims secretly chant "Death to America" or hope to take over our homeland (as shown in the film Obsession. (Click on that link.) I'm not saying homeland security has anything to do with the feelings of insecurity that swept over me as I listened at that Islam on the Capitol website.

But I am saying this is my homeland; I have feelings for my homeland. I have feelings about the buildings of our Capitol and the flag that waves above them. I welcome those who cherish the historic America of our founding fathers, but I am cautious of those new to my homeland who wish to change it to their liking (just as I am cautious of those who only upon ascending to power find reason to be proud of this country). I have feelings for those who would drastically change or harm or "take over" my homeland.

For what it's worth, if 50,000 Muslims descend on DC Friday there's somethin' happenin' here.... unlike anything that has ever happened since Jefferson first penned "We the people..." used so freely in the artwork above.

Update: Friday evening: Sounds like this thing was a flop. Notice the difference between the projections of 50,000+ Muslims in this article the day before the event and this article about the few thousand who actually showed up. The event recieved scant press and caused little stir. I'm okay with that. The less attention the better.



I suspect the following video represents what is more likely to happen as the "take over" continues:

11 comments:

Mrs. Geezerette said...

What scares me more is Chavez and the new buddies he is trying to make. The man is dumb and dangerous.

I listened to Pastor Broden's talk about the clash of two cultures. Thought I had better respond here rather than further down. Through what I have read in the past, I've been aware for years that there was this struggle going on between these two world views. I am afraid the secular humanists are winning.

What is coming out of the secular humanism influence is a form of spirituality in which the Divine (God) is not considered separate from the creation and man, but the creative force within the creation and man. Or something like that. I've not been able to wrap my mind around the concept that well. At any rate, it removes any sense of personhood and personality from the Divine or God. It eliminates the dualism of good and evil, the dualism of God and man. We are all part of the One or the Whole.

What I seem to see evolving with the environmentalists is a spirituality rooted in antiquity. It elevates the creation (plants, animals, rocks, earth) above man. Human beings as a whole are looked upon as dysfunctinal and a scourge on the earth. I suppose that goes along a little with our idea of man being in sin in his natural state. But there is something about it that makes me think that what is evolving is contempt for human beings as a whole...and that's not good.

What can we do about it other than pray?

patronus incognitus said...

SQ,
Good to hear from you.
I saw Chavez ripping into a reporter last night. He confirmed what you say loud and clear.

The fact that I have heard nothing about "Islam on the Capitol" makes me wonder if it is an internet hoax just to stir people up. It worked. I have nothing against the Muslim community (huge over near Detroit) but I do think there is a broad range of motives behind those coming here.

Your assessment of secular humanism is on the mark. Romans 1:25 cautions about those "who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator..."

There does seem to be contempt, but I think it's selective. The broad brush of "tolerance" is applied generously to all groups but one (regardless of the logical harm they may represent to culture or continued functionality as a society). That one group that is becoming ever-more intolerable by the so-called tolerant is the group you and I stand in.

I agree they're winning for now in this arena, it's Lions 7 / Christians 1. =)

As always, thanks for the excellent feedback.

Anonymous said...

I clicked on the link and truthfully had to exit it almost immediately. I got chills and the hair on the back of my neck stood up! It sounded like "evil" to me!!! What's amazing to me is just how quickly---or so it seems---all this change has come about. I still believe that God is giving us over to our sin!!! I KNOW there are still righteous men in our country BUT we've been silent and have let the liberals have their way!!!
WSL

Anonymous said...

Me again....My homepage on the internet if FoxNews and one of the headlines this morning is something like this "Obama to usher in a 'new world order' at the G-20" Chilling!!!!!
WSL

patronus incognitus said...

WSL,
I was happy to see that the event did not draw many Muslims or news cameras, but the day does seem to be coming.

As to whether or not Obama will be that usher remains to be seen but really... has there ever been a time when so much was imposed by so few on so many?

Anonymous said...

My husband made an interesting comment yesterday. He said, "whose behind Obama pulling the strings?" I asked him why he'd say that. He then said the man can't seem to think for himself because he can't speak "off the cuff", he has to read a teleprompter. I thought "interesting"..hadn't thought of that. He might be a "puppet" person working from a consortium of some sort.

Yes...I was thankful to hear that the muslims didn't pull the strength of what was reported. We STILL NEED to be on our knees!!!!
WSL

Mrs. Geezerette said...

Tom, I emailed you a link to a YouTube video taken recently at a Muslim festival in Dearborn, MI. I hope you get around to watching it.

patronus incognitus said...

WSL,
There were many people behind his rise to popularity. I almost said rise to power but that remains to be seen

SQ,
As you can see I added the sight. My family lives within 30 minutes of Deerborn. It has become an Muslim enclave where the behaviour of their various homelands trumps the rights and liberties of the U.S.A.
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

There "were" many in support BUT there is something more---an entity or individual(s) that seem to be feeding him his information as he speaks. WHO are the "supporters"??? I don't mean the masses of people...but someone in "high places"!!!

Also..have you noticed how the man doesn't seem to do "president types of work" but is out and about "politicking"???? First on a trip, then on vacation, a date with Michelle, then on talk-shows, now going to Denmark! Didn't show up in the south to view the floods but sent the VP. Oh my, he couldn't mess with something so trivial. It's all very weird!!!

I'm currently reading Joel Rosenberg's "Dead Heat" the last in his fictional series and "oh my!" Every book in that series seemed to have something "prophetic" that happened AFTER the book was written! He has a "author's note" in the beginning of this book saying he hoped NONE of it came to pass...that it ALL was out of his imagination. This series is VERY timely!!!!!!!!
WSL

patronus incognitus said...

WSL,
I may go to the library and see if they have any of Joel's books. Either that or I have another friend who has also read them.

It does seem that so far he has kept a sort of celebrity approach to governing. I've not thought of it as you describe it, but it's true. He is still in campaign mode. Maybe it's the only mode he knows--after all, he had almost no other experience to unpack from his suitcast the day he moved into the White House. Interesting stuff we're witnessing.

Anonymous said...

I just finished Joel's fictional series (didn't do it in sequence so lost a bit there---if you read them be sure to do so!!!) I've begun his non-fictional book "Inside The Revolution"...and it's quite intriguing. I do hope you read them and get back to let us (me) know what you think!!!
WSL

website tracking statistics
Flat-Panel Television