Friday, May 14, 2010

Will the "Quicker Picker-upper" Please Begin!

.
I have not posted anything here for nearly a month. Those of you who share my political leanings probably know why. I think we are in the first wave of "Obama recovery mode." We are beyond the shock and awe of his agenda approaching like a swarm of bees; we have now been stung multiple times and are waiting for the swelling to go down. Waiting to see how the mess plays out.

While I wait, I am thinking about the oil spill in the Gulf. In a few weeks, my wife and I (and our school's Senior Class) will be on the shores of what is called The Emerald Coast in the Panhandle of Florida. The waters there are beautiful. I hope they look like this when our plane approaches. So far reports indicate that the spill is still far from where we will be, but as you can imagine, it has been on our minds. Some cartoonists forecast the worst case scenario.

One thing we know for sure is that no matter how badly Obama's administration bungles the oil spill, the media will blame everyone but him. They all jumped on the anti-Bush bandwagon after Hurricane Katrina, but in this case Obama will be portrayed as the Bounty "quicker-picker-upper" no matter how long it takes. I have a feeling the real "clean-up" award will go to the media for coming to Obama's aid.

On a more serious note... it was refreshing to see these good ol' boys making a simple hayseed suggestion to the press. I think they should run some more experiments. Make sure they've covered their bases (for instance, you might want to use salt water in the experiment and see if it works as well), but they might just be onto something here.


7388

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't checked in alot lately neither, due to busy-ness and coming back to the "sandwich state" to sell our house. It's been the transitioning year for us...and quite enjoyable despite that. The political state continues to confound me and in some ways I've "checked out". Just couldn't keep up with the emotions I was feeling PLUS the helplessness. Being a "senior" along with all that we listen to...also puts a spin on things. Where will the health-care thing be in a year, two or five from now?? Well---we're only promised "TODAY"!
Hope all's well with you and yours!!!
WSL (we might need to change that moniker one of these days)

Mrs. Geezerette said...

I can't believe how much the main stream media works to protect Obama.

website tracking statistics
Flat-Panel Television